POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : rendering edges : Re: rendering edges Server Time
6 Oct 2024 04:17:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rendering edges
From: Mr
Date: 14 Aug 2009 13:40:00
Message: <web.4a85a04f4068d214e3f0b2880@news.povray.org>
"Chris B" <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote:
> "Mr" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
> >
> > Thanks For this very well explained tip on faceless edges in obj format.
> > Although I'm using Blend2Pov instead of the Obj export, the problem seems
> > to be
> > much more simple: after checking up again, what I had copied was another
> > mesh
> > of the scene. The faceless mesh didn't get  exported at all.
> >

> Ah ok! So my second guess was wrong too then :-)
>
> I didn't know about Blend2Pov. That looks like a very interesting project.
> It looks as though it will generate more than just mesh2 objects, but I
> didn't find anything describing what it does with Blender edges that don't
> form part of a face. Is there a document somewhere to describe what it
> generates?
>
> Regards,
> Chris B.

No document, I don't know how the original patch by RCRuiz is commented:
http://code.google.com/p/blend2pov/
JMS won't release the current modified source, but I'll just ask him about those
faceless edges. If you speak french and are interested in this tool here is the
forum of JMS.
http://www.zoo-logique.org/3D.Blender/newsportal/thread.php?group=3D.Pov-Ray